Your orthodontist can assist you in more ways than just straightening your teeth.
October is National Orthodontic Health Month, which means lovely fall colors, Halloween, and National Orthodontic Health Month! This national honor was established to increase awareness about the advantages of orthodontic treatment. If you’re not sure what that means or how it applies to you, check out our short orthodontic facts below.
What is the definition of orthodontics?
Orthodontics is a dental specialty focused on the diagnosis, supervision, guiding, and correction of malocclusions, according to the American Association of Orthodontists (the imperfect position of the teeth when the jaw is closed).
- In the United States, 4.5 million people, approximately a quarter of whom are adults, use braces.
- Although children between the ages of 10 and 14 are the best candidates for braces, adult braces are becoming increasingly popular.
- Overbite correction is the second most popular cause for braces, behind straight teeth.
What are some advantages of orthodontic treatment?
Our orthodontic team’s primary mission is to assist patients in achieving their ideal smile. Along with an attractive smile, optimal tooth alignment enhances daily functions like speaking and biting, as well as preventing cavities. Creed Orthodontics in Cypress, TX can help with difficulties like:
- Bite open
- Teeth that are crooked
- plus a lot more
What happens if I don’t fix my orthodontic issues?
Untreated orthodontic disorders can lead to oral health problems and impair the way your teeth work. Any or all of the following could happen to you:
- Tooth rotting is a common problem.
- Tooth decay
- Gum disease is a condition that affects the gums
- Problems with chewing
- Concerning the subject
- Headaches and/or earaches are common.
- Jaws that are misaligned
Are braces my only orthodontic treatment option?
No! Orthodontic treatment has come a long way in recent years. Orthodontics is now easier than ever before, with advancements in technology and treatment alternatives.
Are you looking for a way to commemorate National Orthodontic Health Month? Scheduling a free consultation with us is all it takes.