COVID-19 Reopening Message
We are excited to announce that we will be reopening for routine care on Monday, May 11, 2020. We have missed all of our wonderful patients and their
smiles, and we are thrilled that we will be able to see you soon. This pandemic has caused a lot of changes and disruptions in our daily lives. I know we each
have our own aspects of daily life that we miss the most. I miss going out to eat the most although somehow that didn’t stop me from gaining a few pounds!
Hopefully, we are getting towards the end of this pandemic so that life can return to normal soon. For now, we are making the following changes in the
office in accordance with federal and state guidelines.
1. We have always practiced the highest standards of infection control and universal precautions here at Creed Orthodontics, and we continue to do
so. We have added additional personal protective equipment for our staff as recommended by the CDC. We are also increasing our disinfection
protocols for non-treatment areas.
2. We have converted the toothbrush area into a hand washing area. Please brush your teeth at home before you appointment. We also ask that you
wash your hands when you arrive for your appointment.
3. Please wait in your car until your appointment time. This will help us keep the number or people in the office to a minimum. If you need to speak with
someone in the office, please call us from your car if possible. We will call you at the conclusion of you child’s appointment to communicate pertinent
information. For parents who must come into the office with their child, please do not bring other siblings or family members and please wear a
4. All patients will be asked a COVID-19 screening questionnaire before each visit. Anyone entering the office will be checked for an elevated
temperature. If you have an elevated temperature, you will be rescheduled.
5. We are spreading patients out in the treatment area in order to practice social distancing. Unfortunately, this means we will not be able to see as
many patients at the same time as before. Please be patient with us as we adapt to this slower pace.
Thank you for your continued trust in our practice. We know these changes are inconvenient, but we are trying to do all we can to resume patient care in the
safest way possible. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
Dr. Creed and Team